Are you looking for ways to elevate your plai backyard but add some functionality to it? Have you considered building a pergola? Now that would really be a smart choice! It’s a great thing that our company also specialises in designing or redesigning, and installing pergolas.
Our structures boast durability, highly-functionality, and style. We lead a team of professional builders who have been putting up beautiful pergolas for several years for residential owners in Geelong, NT, Australia and nearby towns.
What is a Pergola?
A pergola is an outdoor structure which is commonly made of timber and roofs. They have become a very popular outdoor addition especially for gardens in Australia, because they effectively increase the area’s aesthetics and functionality. Also, pergolas can serve as a place in the summers to relax and stay cool. During winters, pergolas allow heat and sunshine to get in if you desire to.
Multiple Options for Pergola Materials
As done in the past, pergolas were only built from either stone or wood. Today, however, you can build your own pergola using different types of materials such as cellular PVC, steel, aluminium, and fibreglass. The following are some of the materials and let us look into each of their features:
- Wood – this is the classic material option for pergola and with its natural and warm look and feel, it can certainly complement outdoor colours and elements. In choosing, you have either hardwood or softwood to build your pergola. But, it is important to know that using wood for pergolas could make you spend more on the maintenance. So to avoid this, it must be treated, thoroughly sanded, and checked regularly to maintain it in great condition.
- Steel – this material is extremely durable yet it may be hard to handle and install. To be protected from rust or oxidation, steel pergolas must be covered by liquid paint or powder coat. In the market, there is a plethora of options when it comes to the type of steel, and there are cheaper selections that won’t affect the quality and the aesthetics of your outdoor pergola.
- Fibreglass – this material guarantees high durability, style, hassle-free maintenance, and versatility. It can withstand the drastic changes in the weather and other outdoor elements. Plus, it can blend easily with any decors, and it allows other installations such as fans, lighting, and heaters.
- PVC – in contrast to wood, this is a better option. It offers resistance features against termites, moisture, and water. With this material, it is quite impossible for harsh elements to destroy the material and bring about rotting. Just make sure to check for loose connections and do regular cleaning for maintenance.
- Concrete – this option is a precast stone which lasts for so many years without spending so much on regular maintenance. It is also durable and long-lasting, and it can withstand the different environmental elements. To bring its original look later on, spot cleaning and power washing are only needed.
- Vinyl – this is a cost-effective option for those who really want to achieve beautiful pergolas while working on a budget. This material is durable enough to go against harsh weather conditions and it only needs minimal cleaning as maintenance.
The Best Pergola Products and Services in Geelong, Victoria
If you are in the search for the most trusted service provider in Geelong with comprehensive and customisable services, then you have come to the right place. We can design, supply, and install pergolas in your residential property in Australia. Our company is one of the trusted names and the one-stop shop when it comes to top-quality pergola supplies and all pergola-related services, so reach out to our experts today.